Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Visitors!

So, this past weekend we had a few very welcome and very loved visitors! My mom and dad and brother, Mike, stayed at our house, and Mike's fiancee' was here also, but stayed with her family. This is the happenings of a very fun weekend!
Everyone got to the house Friday around 1:00 p.m. Olivia and Sam busied themselves about playing, wrestling, tickling, and, in Sam's case, pulling all the Care Bears, blocks, and miscellanious goods to the living room to show Nannie and Papa. So much for cleaning the house!!
We decided to head to the mall for a bit o' retail therapy and so the kids could see the puppy store...it's just like the zoo, only FREE!! While there, we decided on a plan for action for the evening: Red Robin (delish!) and the Downtown Aquarium! Here's a few pictures from the aquarium:



He is SO handsome!


Nannie and Emers...fast friends!



My brave Olivia decided to touch a sting ray. Sam tried, but mostly got wet!



Olivia and Ashley inside a tank.



The real reason for the visit was so we could go with Ashley to the Denver Temple. It was so nice to be able to do that with my family. It's been a long time since I have been able to go to the temple with my parents and any sibling. I loved it!




Their children are going to have the bluest eyes.




Anyhoo, they left Sunday morning to go home. I'm so excited to go back to Utah for the weddin'! I can't wait to see all my brothers and sisters and their families! I'll see you guys soon!


4 Hellos:

jennie said...

Shelly! my dear, dear Shelly! every time I read your blog, I miss you even more! I am so excited to see you and those kiddies of yours, and I'm even excited to see that big grump of a hubby you have! ;D Mike told me that Miss Emmers looks just like you and alot like me. (it was the me part that threw me off... I knew she looked like you... but looking like me is a bit of a curse!) Can't wait to play with you all! I think a few late movies and maybe some waxing are in order... and yep, you definetly get a LOFT haircut!

David and Janalee said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Emmers is one cute baby girl. I am glad you got some family time and how cool that you got to go through the temple with ashley and mike.
See you soon!
Janalee

Marilee said...

YUP.... Mike and Ash will definatley have some blue eyed babies! Looks like you kiddies had a ball!

Jill said...

Shell- I am glad that Olive got some Nanny time doing something fun! We will see you guys soon! Here's to the long distance drive...