I'm slow on the trends, but I catch up eventually...
Wednesday, February 11, 2009
Friday, February 6, 2009
I posted it on Facebook, but Figured it might be a fun Blog entry
1. I like peanut m & m’s.
2. I have been scarred for life by a man who wears purple spandex.
3. I once stopped traffic in San Fran. Yes, it was a long time ago, around age 18….and FINE! It was just one car, but I stopped it.
4. I have been banned from Smith Food and Drug in Payson, UT for what will forever be known as “The Jelly Belly Incident”.
5. I did once ask my sister if octopus were real. I did not, however, ever think that Mt. Rushmore was carved by the wind.
6. When I was Preggers, I watched “Moth Man Prophecies”. I made Aaron wake up in every time I had to go pee in the night from that night all the way through my pregnancy.
7. I never left the state of Utah until I was in 8th grade.
8. I have been scarred for life by a man who wears really short shorts and a thong whilst on the elliptical trainer. I was on the rowing machine next to him…same man wears purple spandex….Speedos and pants.
9. I started to train for a triathlon (sprint) last year. Then I realized I couldn’t swim and stopped training for that, but I did run my first 5k.
10. I shamelessly flirted with this one guy on Feb. 13th, 1999. I said since the girl next to me got a kiss from her Valentine I should get one, too. Now we’re married.
11. I once spoke, with out thinking, to my Mia Maids class and told them to “Be careful who they let sleep in their beds.” I was talking about a bed bug outbreak. It just came out wrong.
12.I once vehemently defended Edward Cullen from a vicious attack by a woman who didn’t even know him. She called him abusive. I’ll tell you who’s abusive. Starts with Jacob ends with Black.
13. When I was in High school I had a womanly mishap in Chemistry. I couldn’t get up to leave because I was too embarrassed to ask Mr. Hill for a sweatshirt. I waited for Mrs. Baum (I think) to come back so I could ask her for a sweatshirt. It took all lunch long.
14. I have been scarred for life by a man in a purple Speedo doing crunches on the deck of the pool. Seriously, man! Was there a clearance on this material?!? Did your mama make them for you? Can you please go in the locker room to work on your abs?
15. When I was in high school I went on a first date with a guy to “Scream”. I really wanted to leave after the opening scene. I sat in fetal position the remainder of the movie. When I got home, Jill wasn’t home yet and I thought I heard something behind me. So rather than turn around to see what the noise was (what, and end up pummeled like Drew Barrymore?!?) I stood in the same position until Jill arrived home an hour or so later.
16. I mostly blame my extremely low tolerance of scary movies on my sisters. They made me watch “Poltergeist” when I was in Kindergarten or 1st grade and then they wouldn’t take me to the bathroom when I had to go. So I did the only logical thing. Peed on the couch. Boy did they get in trouble.
17. Once when one of my sisters was watching me I got in trouble for something silly like moving or sneezing. She got after me and I made her really mad by laughing instead of crying. So she kept beating me (not really beating, I can’t remember what she was doing), and I kept laughing. It really hurt. I have a crying reflex now when I laugh.
18. I can’t bend over and touch my toes unless it’s right after Yoga class or a run.
19. I was in Mexico on 9/11. They thought the tourists would feel more secure with large open bed trucks full of soldiers holding big guns driving around. They were wrong.
20. Once, when I was in 4th grade, I threw up Macaroni and cheese and cream corn all over in my sister’s hair. Her hair was to her waist.
21. I didn’t read Pride and Prejudice until after I fell in love with Mr. Darcy. Thank you Collin Firth.
22. I worked for IFA for 4 years.
23. I requested mashed potatoes and gravy from KFC after Olivia was born.
24. I have never broken a bone.
25. I swear to this day on my life I never kissed Joel or Aaron Frost. I don’t care who thinks they saw what. It NEVER happened. I think Jill may have created this story to hide the fact that she kissed Ryan. This, of course, is just speculation.
Posted by Shelly at 11:43 AM