Monday, December 31, 2007

What a year!!

So I thought instead of doing an entry about Christmas, I'd post a little about the happenings of the madness that is the Martineau Household:
January: Miss Liv turned 4. I also had a birthday. I was still getting used to the idea of a third child joinng the family.


February: Grandma Great's Hat Party. Liv and Sam looked so cute!

March: We found out the baby was a girl!

April: Easter, Aaron's Birthday, and the Rockies game
May: School ends for Olive


June: Sam's #2 Birthday


July: Enter Jess Emerson, a visit from Nannie, life with 3 begins!



August: My sister Lindy and her family came to town, Liv started Pre K
September: We went to a sneak peak of Barbie Island Princess where Olivia met Rosella herself!, a visit from Nannie, Papa, Jen, Mar, and Kinners, Emerson's Blessing...this month deserves 2 pictures....





October: A trip to Utah to say good bye to Uncle Joe for the next 2 years, family pictures, Halloween: Olivia was Barbie Island Princess, Sam was a monkey, Emers was a banana.


November: Thanksgiving..Sam found a new love in peeling things...like this butternut squash, potatoes, and zucchini. Even when we aren't planning on any of it for dinner.

December: Lots of Christmas stuff

Too much perhaps??


I second the motion!


Oh, the joy of little things

Things that make me sad as I post this: Look at the little baby face Olivia has in the January picture. She's getting too big! She'll be 5 tomorrow. I'm not ready for a kindergartener! I love her dearly. Although Sam keeps me on my toes, I think I'll miss these days of mischief, curiousity, and the moments, however small they are, when he shows me just how sweet the boy beneath the monster is. Emers is already going like crazy. She's getting too big. I miss the snuggles. She has recently traded cuddles for jumping on my hip. Oh, I wish i could stop time sometimes, but I can't wait to see what my little darlin's have in store for me as they grow up!


4 Hellos:

David and Janalee said...

What a cute Idea to recap the year with pictures....Hmmm, mind if I borrow? Love the pictures, your kids are stinkin cute!!! not a smidge of their dad in them! Kidding Aaron, kidding.. you know I love ya buddy!
Happy New Year!
Janalee

jennie said...

Shelly my love! those pictures make me miss you guys even more! I can't wait to see you when the belssed event occurs...but hopefully it will be sooner than that! tell Aarondon that I am still laughing about that ...somewhat...random telephone conversation...apparently your quite a ...tiger, was it? creepy! Olive juice!

Marilee said...

cheers to your good year! looks like you guys are always doin' something fun! i do wish one of your months had a picture of Sam eating a whole block of cheese.... great times!

ps i like jana will possible steal your idea of recaping the year;)

Jill said...

Shelly- "Boy beneath the Monster" what the... WHERE DO YOU COME UP WITH THAT??? Love it. Darling idea. I will most likely copy that too. You are the MOST BRILLIANT sista except for that whole octopus incident... HMMM. Love to the Martineau's!
Jilly