Friday, February 6, 2009

25 Extremely Random and storylike things about me

I posted it on Facebook, but Figured it might be a fun Blog entry

1. I like peanut m & m’s.

2. I have been scarred for life by a man who wears purple spandex.

3. I once stopped traffic in San Fran. Yes, it was a long time ago, around age 18….and FINE! It was just one car, but I stopped it.

4. I have been banned from Smith Food and Drug in Payson, UT for what will forever be known as “The Jelly Belly Incident”.

5. I did once ask my sister if octopus were real. I did not, however, ever think that Mt. Rushmore was carved by the wind.

6. When I was Preggers, I watched “Moth Man Prophecies”. I made Aaron wake up in every time I had to go pee in the night from that night all the way through my pregnancy.

7. I never left the state of Utah until I was in 8th grade.

8. I have been scarred for life by a man who wears really short shorts and a thong whilst on the elliptical trainer. I was on the rowing machine next to him…same man wears purple spandex….Speedos and pants.

9. I started to train for a triathlon (sprint) last year. Then I realized I couldn’t swim and stopped training for that, but I did run my first 5k.

10. I shamelessly flirted with this one guy on Feb. 13th, 1999. I said since the girl next to me got a kiss from her Valentine I should get one, too. Now we’re married.

11. I once spoke, with out thinking, to my Mia Maids class and told them to “Be careful who they let sleep in their beds.” I was talking about a bed bug outbreak. It just came out wrong.

12.I once vehemently defended Edward Cullen from a vicious attack by a woman who didn’t even know him. She called him abusive. I’ll tell you who’s abusive. Starts with Jacob ends with Black.

13. When I was in High school I had a womanly mishap in Chemistry. I couldn’t get up to leave because I was too embarrassed to ask Mr. Hill for a sweatshirt. I waited for Mrs. Baum (I think) to come back so I could ask her for a sweatshirt. It took all lunch long.

14. I have been scarred for life by a man in a purple Speedo doing crunches on the deck of the pool. Seriously, man! Was there a clearance on this material?!? Did your mama make them for you? Can you please go in the locker room to work on your abs?

15. When I was in high school I went on a first date with a guy to “Scream”. I really wanted to leave after the opening scene. I sat in fetal position the remainder of the movie. When I got home, Jill wasn’t home yet and I thought I heard something behind me. So rather than turn around to see what the noise was (what, and end up pummeled like Drew Barrymore?!?) I stood in the same position until Jill arrived home an hour or so later.

16. I mostly blame my extremely low tolerance of scary movies on my sisters. They made me watch “Poltergeist” when I was in Kindergarten or 1st grade and then they wouldn’t take me to the bathroom when I had to go. So I did the only logical thing. Peed on the couch. Boy did they get in trouble.

17. Once when one of my sisters was watching me I got in trouble for something silly like moving or sneezing. She got after me and I made her really mad by laughing instead of crying. So she kept beating me (not really beating, I can’t remember what she was doing), and I kept laughing. It really hurt. I have a crying reflex now when I laugh.

18. I can’t bend over and touch my toes unless it’s right after Yoga class or a run.

19. I was in Mexico on 9/11. They thought the tourists would feel more secure with large open bed trucks full of soldiers holding big guns driving around. They were wrong.

20. Once, when I was in 4th grade, I threw up Macaroni and cheese and cream corn all over in my sister’s hair. Her hair was to her waist.

21. I didn’t read Pride and Prejudice until after I fell in love with Mr. Darcy. Thank you Collin Firth.

22. I worked for IFA for 4 years.

23. I requested mashed potatoes and gravy from KFC after Olivia was born.

24. I have never broken a bone.

25. I swear to this day on my life I never kissed Joel or Aaron Frost. I don’t care who thinks they saw what. It NEVER happened. I think Jill may have created this story to hide the fact that she kissed Ryan. This, of course, is just speculation.

6 Hellos:

Jill said...

ME kissing Ryan Frost?!? I just threw up a little in my mouth. Thanks.
I was never in that league. He was in fact way too cool for me and besides, his dad scared me to death. What kind of person kills a baby bird?!? -- with a pin?!?!

Seriously- those were some great memories. Thanks for sharing

Marilee said...

you made me laugh.... ThAnKs! you are full of funny memories!

Superflymama said...

That was so funny! I loved to hear all those things about you. Thanks for sharing.

jennie said...

ha ha ha HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!! I love you! thanks for the giggles this morning...even though I sounded like some kind of creature you'd see on one of the horror flicks you detest so much. stupid cold.

jennie said...

ha ha ha HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!! I love you! thanks for the giggles this morning...even though I sounded like some kind of creature you'd see on one of the horror flicks you detest so much. stupid cold.

haley hoch said...

Number 12 is funny. I agree wholy on that one!