Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Firsts

August has been a pretty hectic month here. We've had a few firsts for the kids and I'm getting ready for a first this weekend, but more on that later. Let's talk about the kiddos first.

Miss Liv had her first day of Kindergarten. I thought it was going to be difficult. I cried when she turned 5 just thinking about Kindergarten....but the day came and I was so tired of the continuing Sam vs. Li vs. Emerson wars that defined my summer...I could have done cartwheels! Maybe I'll cry come first grade...

This, by the way, is Olivia's extremely happy face. No big grins, just a small smile of absolute joy. She loves school.

Sambo. After a summer full of continual potty training, threats that Miss Patti wouldn't let him come to school if he pooped his pants, and endless nagging from him about when he could go to Miss Patti's, we took him to preschool today. He wasn't as excited As I thought he would be. He requested, and was granted (OF COURSE) one hug and 2 kisses...well, I actually requested the second kiss. He blew me kisses and waved me away from the window with a smile.

He'll do just fine. I'm enjoying a small slice of almost quiet here with Emerson. Here's to hoping Miss Patti makes it through the day!

Emerson also had a first this month. She had her first pig tails. They didn't last long, but they were there and I have the pictures to prove it!

OK, so there was also THIS first that included Sam and Emerson in their first cooperative tag team effort...and also the first time the fridge has been emptied to such and extent (I am a firm believer in Velcro). Fun times at the Martineau household.

This picture has nothing to do with my "first", I just think she's super cute...and, well, she is a first, my first child! Here's my first: I have, for the first time, willingly signed up to run. Now, I'm sure for most the world this is no big deal, but I loathe running, so for me, it is! I am going to Utah this weekend and running in the Payson Onion Days 5k. Or, possibly walking in the Payson Onion Days 5k. We'll see how it goes!

6 Hellos:

Marianne said...

Shelly,
Hasn't anyone told you that this is the most wonderful time of the year?!?! School is great!! Quiet time with little Emmers is great!! I to am unfortunatly signed up to "RUN!!!!" You are more than welcome to walk with me and Jill!! See you this weekend! We will have a great time!

Pancake said...

Shelly, you crack me UP!!! I love that, maybe Ill cry on the first day of 1st grade!!

Miss Patti looks great! Enjoy your quiet time, summer will be here before you know it!

Marilee said...

very fun firsts! i can't belive miss liv is 5! it freaks me out... time flies:( I don't want kinners to ever, ever turn 5! good luck with the run!

jennie said...

you have some very fine children! they are growing up so fast! I lover LOVE Emmer's piggy tails and Liv's Shirley Temple style!

David and Janalee said...

Cute Firsts, I was just like you, so happy to have one less to deal with at home when it came time to send Spencer, but I cried buckets when I sent him to Jr. High! Go Figure. Love the kids. love the piggies, and hope that you do well on the run.
Janalee

Jill said...

Wahoo for paying 15 bucks to walk 3 miles... Wait- did I just do that? What is wrong with me?!
I too love the school year. Miss Liv will do just fine. Enjoy that quiet time with Emers. You (and her) deserve it. Only 4 more days till Parks starts. Not that I am counting down or anything...